Question about BB-Hobbit (BBRELAY)

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:43:46 CEST 2005

Hi,
 Perhaps somebody can point me in the right direction?
 I have a configuration with two servers: Suse linux running BB with 106
BB-clients. Now I have set up Hobbit 4.0.3 on Solaris 8. I have set up on
the Linux-box in bb-hosts:
 BBRELAY=Solaris-box
 I commented out bbnet, so I expect the bbtest to be purple which it is. But
the conn, bbd and http are purple too? Although there are firewalls being
used, there is a connection possible between Linux and Solaris on port 1984:
 bb at linux> telnet solaris 1984
Trying 132.229.43.113...
Connected to solaris.
Escape character is '^]'.
 But the first screen with 34 hosts (with group-compress) shows up with only
names, but no other info at all; just the default hobbit columns!? I guess
it has to do with the bbd not running.
 The only things that show up and are green are Solaris bbgen, hobbitd (see
stats below), info and trends.
 Statistics for Hobbit daemon
Up since 24-May-2005 12:08:01 (0 days, 00:20:05)

Incoming messages : 73
- status : 20
- combo : 20
- page : 0
- summary : 0
- data : 0
- notes : 0
- enable : 0
- disable : 0
- ack : 0
- config : 0
- query : 0
- hobbitdboard : 20
- hobbitdlog : 12
- drop : 0
- rename : 0
- dummy : 0
- notify : 0
- schedule : 0
- Bogus/Timeouts : 1
Incoming messages/sec : 0 (average last 301 seconds)

status channel messages: 23 (1 readers)
stachg channel messages: 2 (1 readers)
page channel messages: 2 (1 readers)
data channel messages: 0 (1 readers)