[hobbit] Differences with bb/bbgen

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 23 21:15:26 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 08:26:51PM +0200, Sven De Vilder wrote:
> >>- The nodisp tag doesn't seem to work anymore. I use this to show some
> >>hosts on a differen pageset, but not on the main interface.
> >
> >Fix at http://www.hswn.dk/hobbitsw/nodisp.patch
>
> I had some time to spend after the migration yes, but I expected some
> extra work...
> The patch works like a charm.

Good.

> I actually can't find any reference to this (and also the dialup tag) in
> the man-pages. Perhaps something to add ? I at least think they're
> useful additions.

It belongs in the bb-hosts(5) man-page. Added.

> >>- The dialup tag (as a tag behind an entry, not as a separate entry)
> >>also doesn't work as i expected.
> >
> >That's a bug. It would work if the ping-column had gone red, but it
> >doesn't do that for "dialup" hosts.
> >
> >Fix at http://www.hswn.dk/hobbitsw/dialup-notpurple.patch
>
> This patch doesn't seem to work yet. I've tested it fully from green to
> puple.

Ah, no - I was in a hurry and got mixed up between the old and the new
color. Backout the patch you downloaded ("patch -R"), then pick it up
again from the same URL. Or change the line that reads (line 2495)
    if (tmp->color == COL_PURPLE) {
    if (newcolor == COL_PURPLE) {

> >>I'm also missing a netstat entry for Darwin (for creating the graphs).
> >>Perhaps this can be added too ? Ofcourse i can supply the output of this
> >>test on Darwin.
> >

> >"netstat -s" - and "vmstat 2 10" - sample outputs would be nice. I
> >suspect they are a lot like the BSD outputs.
>
> netstat -s output is attached.

I'll look it over.