[hobbit] Some service graphs not showing up on host pages

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri May 13 07:04:54 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 02:53:27PM -0600, Winn Beutler wrote:

> server1 (RH ES3.0) - Brought up  HOBBIT 4.0.2 & 4.0.3b.  Everything works fine.
>
> server2 (RH ES3.0) - Was running BB and converted to HOBBIT 4.0.2 & 4.0.3b. Everything works fine
>
> server3 (RH ES3.0) - Was running BB and was working fine.  Converted to HOBBIT 4.0.2 & 4.0.3b and the following tests don't end up with a graph on the host pages: conn, disk, memory, ssh, iostat
> other test such as cpu, netstat vmstat work fine.

Just so that I understand - all of these servers run the Hobbit *server*
programs - they are not just clients reporting to a single Hobbit
server?

> I am running rrdtool-1.2.6 on all machines.  Any idea what is wrong with server3 or how I troubleshoot it?  No errors show up in either /var/log/httpd/error_log or /var/log/hobbit/*.log

First thing to check is if the server3 RRD-files are generated at all,
since this is the basis of having graphs. Check what is in the
~hobbit/data/rrd/server3/ directory.