[hobbit] Some thoughts on clustered hobbit

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Wed May 11 16:59:04 CEST 2005

I'm planning to have (on the failover system) two hobbitlaunch.cfg files
- a hobbitlaunch.stby and a hobbitlaunch.run. The .stby file has bbpage
and bbnet disabled, while .run does not. At failover time, stop hobbit,
copy the .run to .cfg, and start hobbit. At recovery time, stop hobbit,
copy .stby to .cfg, start hobbit.

I'm already syncing the config files from the primary to the standby
whenever changes occur (I'm the only one making changes, so far). What I
*don't* have in place is a dedicated IP address; right now, if the BB
server (now primary hobbit server) goes down, you need to know which
system is running the fallover display. And I'm trying to decide if I
want to sync the history and the rrds BACK to the primary on recovery,
or just leave a hole in the data. Right now, I'm leaning toward doing
this manually after the fact.

Tom