[hobbit] changing the enable/disable menu link behavior

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 9 21:47:43 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:25:26PM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> I just noticed that after I upgraded to rc2, selecting the
> enable/disable tool from the menu when viewing a group of systems only
> allows me to enadis those systems in the group that I was just viewing.
>    The only way to see all systems on my network is to go back to the
> main view, then use the enadis tool.  (Or I can cheat and click "Apply
> filters" in the Filter Hostlist box while leaving all the search fields
> empty).

That's not cheating - that's the way I wanted it to work.

"It's a feature - not a bug" as every software developer says when faced
with two incompatible requests.

In my setup, the full list of hosts is about 2000 systems. You really
don't want to pick hosts from a selection list that size ...

> How can I revert back to the old way, where selecting enable/disable
> from the menu will display all the systems?

You can modify the hobbit-enadis.sh wrapper script and unset the HTTP_COOKIE
variable that is used to track what page the request comes from. Put
   HTTP_COOKIE=
   export HTTP_COOKIE
before the "exec /..../hobbit-enadis.cgi" line.

> I can see how this new behavior is useful, but I've also witnessed
> first hand how it can be confusing as well.

Sorry ... but I think the confusion happens only because you've been
used to the way the maint.pl script works.