[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0.3rc2 available

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Mon May 9 16:37:16 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> There's a new release-candidate available at http://www.hswn.dk/beta/

Yay, glad to get my hands on this one.  ;)

> * Using the "apache" test on a host with no HTTP tests now
>   works, and does not result in a bogus http column.

I can confirm that this works now.  Thanks.

> * A new reporting option lets you save the availability data
>   in a comma-separated file, for import to spreadsheets.

Is this cgi-bi/bb-csvinfo.sh?  I have to manually edit the menu to add
it, huh?

> * Updates of RRD files now use the RRDtool "template" facility
>   to map data-values to the correct RRD datasets. This should
>   solve the problem with migrating of vmstat data from several
>   systems, including AIX.

If I understand this correctly, this could help me get rid of 2 local
patches that I maintain to keep RRD data consistent between my
inconsistent legacy systems.  Is its use transparent or something I can
tap into?  Right now I have to force some column re-ordering in a couple
of  the hobbitd/larrd/do_xxx routines to make things work, and editing
the source files has been the easiest & most consistent way to do it.

> * A couple of log files have moved to /var/log/hobbit: The
>   nkstatus.log file (from the "server/" directory); and the
>   acklog and notifications.log files (from the data/acks
>   directory).

FYI to users going from older hobbit, you may want to copy over the
contents of these files into these new locations, otherwise you could
lose a lot of "history" in these areas (not to mention any current acks
that are in effect when you apply the RC2 upgrade).

Tom