[hobbit] Separating alarms

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Mar 27 14:37:23 CEST 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 06:54:32AM -0500, James B Horwath wrote:
> Does hobbit allow alarms to be sub-partiitoned?  Let me explain.  Can I
> say filesystem X goes to the DBA, filesystem Y goes to the admins,
> filesystem Z goes to a WEB developer?  Same question for processes.  I
> remember it was a no go in vanilla BB, how about hobbit.

It's really a client-side issue - if the client that checks
filesystems and processes can send in a report for each, then Hobbit
can alert on it. The BB client does not support this.

> Second, hobbit does support notification escalation, correct?

Yes and no ... Hobbit supports blocking or sending alerts based on how
long the event has lasted. However, if an alert is acknowledged, it
stops alerts going out for all recipients.

Full escalation support (a recipient can get a notification whether
the alert was acknowledged or not) is planned for the 4.1 release.