[hobbit] info page and alerts

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Mar 26 18:02:36 CET 2005

In <75C6DD44E1BE938C4F1AB9A1 at ctbeers-laptop.local> "Christopher T. Beers" <ctbeers at syr.edu> writes:

>Seems like the info page does not understand the STOP and UNMATCHED
>keywords.  I have a server that I set alarms based on hostname to 2
>particular addresses with the STOP keyword.  At the bottom I have a
>catchall UNMATCHED rule.

>The info page on hobbit shows the alerts for both the STOP and UNMATCHED
>set, but hobbit only alarms the STOP rules.  Maybe a bug?

It shows both the STOP and UNMATCHED rules, because when generating
the info-page it is not possible to determine if the STOP or UNMATCHED
will trigger - that might depend on circumstances such as the
time-of-day when the alert happens.

There is a code to tell you that it's a stop-rule: It has "(S)" after
the recipient. UNMATCHED isn't flagged like that, which is a bug.