[hobbit] fping problems

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 22 23:26:28 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 02:17:38PM -0800, J Sloan wrote:
> I need a sanity check here - running bb-1.9e-btf + bbgen-3.5

This *is* the Hobbit list, but I'll be generous :-)

> 2005-03-22 13:23:57 Execution of 'fping' failed with error-code 99

It means that for some unknown reason, bbtest-net couldn't start the
fping program.

One possible reason might be that you haven't configured the fping
filename correctly. Check the FPING setting in bbsys.local (or
whatever $BBHOME/etc/bb* file you might have this defined in) - make
sure it points to your fping program. If you haven't defined FPING
anywhere, add it to your bbsys.local and restart BB.