[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0 RC6 now available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 22 08:11:14 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 07:26:12AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > This includes pre-built Debian packages for Debian/Sarge (i386 and
> > SPARC platforms), as well as an RPM-package (built on Mandrake, but it
> > will probably work on most recent RPM-based systems). These should be
> > considered "experimental", although I am currently running the Debian
> > packages on a full pre-production system at work, and the RPM package
> > at home. Please let me know if you have any problems with these.
>

> Henrik, do the Debian packages follow the Debian policy (so, more or
> less the FHS or whatever it is called now) for files locationsĀ ?

They do. Config files in /etc/hobbit/, binaries in /usr/lib/hobbit,
data-files and the generated webpages in /var/lib/hobbit.

> If so, why not consider having hobbit part of DebianĀ ?
>
> You may even easily find a sponsor for this, indeed.

That is the plan, actually. A good friend of mine is an active Debian
developer so I'll discuss it with him to see if I should maintain it
in Debian myself, or if I should have someone else handing the Debian
bureaucracy.