[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0 RC6 now available

Christian Perrier Christian.Perrier at onera.fr
Tue Mar 22 07:26:12 CET 2005

> This includes pre-built Debian packages for Debian/Sarge (i386 and
> SPARC platforms), as well as an RPM-package (built on Mandrake, but it
> will probably work on most recent RPM-based systems). These should be
> considered "experimental", although I am currently running the Debian
> packages on a full pre-production system at work, and the RPM package
> at home. Please let me know if you have any problems with these.

Henrik, do the Debian packages follow the Debian policy (so, more or
less the FHS or whatever it is called now) for files locationsĀ ?

This has always been the most important headache with BB, as its
design nearly prevents to use it with correct files organisation
(binary stuff in /usr/bin, variable stuff such as status, history in
/var/lib/hobbit, configuration in /etc/hobbit...).

If so, why not consider having hobbit part of DebianĀ ?

You may even easily find a sponsor for this, indeed.