[hobbit] completely confused

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Mar 13 18:41:07 CET 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 09:52:45AM -0600, Tim Rotunda wrote:
> Yesterday I wrote a small C prog to make a connection with hobbitd, bump
> a given file into hobbit and disconnect.  Is that what bbnet is doing
> here?

No, bbnet is the Big Brother tool that performs network
tests. BB-Central uses it to check if the SSH daemon on each server is
running, so as to avoid trying to connect to ssh on a server that is
down.

> If so, how do I feed hobbit graphing parameters?  I am getting the
> status, setting color and a bdf, for instance, but I can't figure out
> how to feed hobbit parms to graph.

For the standard tests (cpu, disk, memory, network) you shouldn't need
to do anything. As soon as you send those data to Hobbit, they get
graphed.