[hobbit] running multiple bbgen's

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Mar 13 14:45:25 CET 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 08:19:43AM -0500, David Stuffle wrote:
> Hello,
> My event log report shows bbgen going from green to yellow and then back
> to green all within one second.  When I click on the yellow, it still
> shows a green status page.  This is happening once every minute.   My
> bb-display.log has corresponding entries that say the following:
> 2005-03-13 07:50:04 Cannot rename bb2.html.tmp to bb2.html - error 2
[snip]
> I have a feeling this is related to my pagesets.

It could be, yes. But only if you use same output directory. The
normal directory where webpages are generated is ~hobbit/server/www/

What directories are you using for the other pagesets ? It's the last
parameter for the bbgen command that generates the other pagesets.

> Also, the larrd-status.log has corresponding entries that say this for
> the bbgen.rrd:
> RRD error updating <servernamepath>/bbgen.rrd: illegal attempt to update
> using time 1110719366 when last update time is 1110719366 (minimum one
> second step)
>
> I'm running bbgen from
> bb-display.sh a total of three times since I have 2 pagesets.  Are each
> of these trying to update the bbgen.rrd and causing this error?

Yes. Dont use the --report option with the extra pagesets.