[hobbit] bb-disk_by_fs.sh

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 11 09:18:08 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:31:14AM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> Has anyone used bb-disk_by_fs.sh with BB client? I am trying to find out
> how it will work with HOBBIT?
>
> There are few things I am concern about.
>
> 1. How will I manage alerts per partition which this script offers?
> 2. How will the graph work?

I had a quick look at it
(http://www.deadcat.net/viewfile.php?fileid=128) and from what I can
see it generates a separate column per filesystem, with a column-name
that is defined in the modified bb-dftab file it uses.

E.g. the bb-dftab has entries of the form
    host:partition:WARN:PANIC:COLNAME
so one entry could be
    oracle1.foo.com:/oracle/dbdata:97:99:disk_db

So for alerts, you just setup alert rules using "SERVICE=disk_db" as
for any other kind of alert-configuration.

For the graphs, you must tell Hobbit that the "disk_db" status is
really a "disk" type of status. This is done with the LARRDS setting
in hobbitserver.cfg. Add "disk_db:disk" (you must restart Hobbit after
this) and it should pickup those data and put them in a disk-type RRD
automatically.