[hobbit] Who's using

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Mar 7 16:26:50 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 11:44 -0500, Kevin Hanrahan wrote:
> Jeff,
>  I have been trying to gather the same info for my VP. I have just
> watched the signatures at the bottom of the emails and here is what I
> have seen so far:
>

> Austin Energy

Officially, Austin Energy is migrating to CA Unicenter, a decision that
I had no positive input into.  However, not all of the bugs have been
worked out of that, so bb 1.9c/BBGEN 2.6 is used for our "interim"
network monitoring.  We'll be migrating to Hobbit on an "interim" basis
as soon as it leaves RC, or I have time to play with paging, whichever
comes last ;-)

Of course, our "interim" solution might last quite a while.  I've not
seen any other package that can page whenever an EIGRP link flaps.

I'm currently monitoring routers, firewalls, UPS, temperature probes,
and infrastructure linux boxes (DNS, ldap, spam-filters, etc), as well
as some of our control systems (running Tru-64, soon to migrate to
HP-UX).
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX
Austin Energy