[hobbit] Iostat graphs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 4 17:48:36 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:39:30AM -0500, Kevin Hanrahan wrote:
>  Has anyone ever gotten iostat to put any data into the larrd graphs? I get
> plenty of data for iostat but the graphs are always blank. Anybody got any
> advice?

Lets see what data you're sending into the iostat handler. Could you
do a ~hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdlog HOSTNAME.iostat" and
show us the outpu ?

If the iostat data is sent as "data" messages (i.e. you dont have an
iostat column), then you'll need to snoop the messages going out on
the hobbit data-channel: Login as the hobbit user, then run

   server/bin/bbcmd sh
   hobbitd_channel --channel=data cat |tee log |grep iostat

Wait for a while until an iostat message shows up, then pick it out of
the logfile.