[hobbit] hobbitd_alert crash

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 4 07:44:58 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:40:45PM -0500, Christopher T. Beers wrote:
> Now it appears to be working because the alert module is sending out actual
> alerts (mrtg alerts and vmio to high alerts).  However, I am still getting
> those hobbitd_alert crashed messages, but its running with a ps -ef....
>
> How can I get rid of the 100 or so per hour of hobbitd_alert crashed emails
> that are being sent out.

~hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOBBITHOST hobbitd_alert" will
drop that hobbitd_alert column and should stop the messages from being
repeated.

However, I think you're missing the one fix that was added after I
first announced the post-RC4 patch - so your alert messages get
repeated every minute. Change line 1488 of hobbitd/do_alert.c from
     rpt = find_repeatinfo(alert, recip, 0);
     rpt = find_repeatinfo(alert, recip, 1);

There will be an RC5 because of this confusion.