Custom RRD graphs

Stuffle, David dstuffle at deltafaucet.com
Tue Mar 1 14:06:34 CET 2005

Hello,
I'm trying to learn how to create custom graphs.  I have it working for
graphing license usage but I'm am not clear on a few things.  Here is what I
put in the hobbitgraph.cfg:

[license]
        TITLE License Utilization
        YAXIS Used Licenses
        DEF:avg=license.rrd:license:AVERAGE
        LINE2:avg#@COLOR@:Used Licenses
        GPRINT:avg:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:avg:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:avg:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:avg:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

My question is, what does AVERAGE mean in the DEF line?  What other options
are there besides AVERAGE?

Also, the license count will always be a whole number from say, 0 to 30.
Sometimes my graph shows, for example, 3.6 licenses used.   Is there an
option I need to add to tell it to always use a whole number?  My custom_rrd
script doesn't send anything except a whole number.

Thanks for any help.

David Stuffle
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.