[hobbit] Hobbit and HPOV NNM

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jun 29 22:32:22 CEST 2005

There's no need for that silliness.  At least in BB.
When you want to push alarms up via traps, just list
trap-x.x.x.x as a recipient rather than an e-mail
address or a pager.  x.x.x.x is the ip address of the
trap receiver.

I'm not sure if this trick works in Hobbit however.

Paul

>>> Mark.Coupe at state.ma.us 06/29/05 3:51 PM >>>
Hi,

I'm trying to push Hobbit alarms up to HPOV NNM (reference what
"Guillaume" did in BB (re:
http://support.bb4.com/archive/200203/msg00670.html)).  However, his
method will not work with Hobbit and I'm wondering if anyone has an
external script or maybe some guidance that they can provide.

Guillaume's solution was to edit line 1227 of bbpage.c to create a
community for Ucd-SNMP and recompile bbd as well as making some
configuration changes in bbwarnrules.cfg and bbwarnsetup.cfg.

Thanks,

-Mark