[hobbit] Extend timers to avoid purples

sladewig sladewig at bankinfo.com
Mon Jun 27 14:21:25 CEST 2005

On 06/25/2005 06:18 AM, Gee Pee wrote:
> If you mean: I run a test once a day and it turns purple after 30
> minutes, then you should extend the validity of the result of the
> test. This defaults to 30 minutes and can be extended on the BB-
> client-side, see: http://bb4.org/bb/help/bb-man.html#6.9

I also have experienced problems similar to this. I have a external
script on the client which I was running with a half hour as its time.
When I switched to hobbit I began to get purple and recovered messages
every 30 minutes from each client. The recovered message would be
timestamped the exact time or +1sec from the purple. I ended up having
to change the client to run every 5 minutes and still ocassionally I get
purple/recovered. Perhaps a little fudge factor is needed to allow time
for the client to complete the script. Something like status time plus
and extra 30 seconds.

--
steve