[hobbit] hobbitd coredumps in latest snapshot

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Sat Jun 25 19:43:45 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 10:54:04PM, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:25:05AM +0200, lars ebeling wrote:
> > I know that there are no guarantees abot the snapshots. But here you are if interested.
> > #5  <signal handler called>
> > #6  0x0000572c in handle_meta (
> >     msg=0x4001fcd8 "meta Duni.http Graphs?n?n<RRDGraph>?n  <GraphType>tcp:http</
> > GraphType>?n  <GraphLink><!?CDATA?/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=Duni&servi
> > ce=tcp:http&first=1&count=1&disp=Duni??></GraphLink>"...,
> >     log=0x40008728) at hobbitd.c:1042
>
> I'll check, but you really should not be seeing this. The "meta"
> messages were generated by the old bb-larrdcolumn tool, but this was
> dropped from Hobbitd several versions ago (when going from 4.0.1 ->
> 4.0.2) - and the install program should actually try and remove it if
> you have it installed.
>
> So you might want to check your hobbitlaunch.cfg file, and if there is a
> reference to bb-larrdcolumn (or bb-infocolumn), just remove those.

I have these in my hobbitlaunch.cfg file. I should just remove them?
Sorry I did not follow.

[larrdcolumn]
        ENVFILE /export/home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        GROUP generators
        CMD bb-larrdcolumn --hobbitd --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd --column=trends --no-meta
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-display.log
        INTERVAL 15m
[infocolumn]
        ENVFILE /export/home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        GROUP generators
        CMD bb-infocolumn --hobbitd --column=info --repeat=10
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-display.log
        INTERVAL 15m

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu