[hobbit] Development Platform

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jun 24 00:34:44 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 10:27:09AM +1200, Andy France wrote:

> Henrik Stoerner wrote on 24/06/2005 09:57:20:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 11:45:27AM -0400, Jeffcoat, Al wrote:
> > > I'm curious, what Platform and O/S do you use to develop Hobbit Henrik?
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Have you ever considered including a cygwin port?  (http://www.cygwin.com)

That would be absolutely horrible!

I do use Cygwin at work to maintain my sanity while forced to use WinXP,
but although Hobbit might compile on Cygwin, I shudder at the thought of
debugging the IPC- and network-problems that I am sure would show up
immediately.

> That would give a nice BB alternative to our Win32 only bretheren :-)

I'd rather use Hobbit to lure them away from the Dark Side.