Multiple Views

Jeffcoat, Al Al.Jeffcoat at orhs.org
Wed Jun 22 18:56:00 CEST 2005

Hello All,

I've got a question...  And I apologize ahead of time if it's been
covered already.

We have been running bb/hobbit for some time.  First it was on UNIX
only, because the windows admins didn't like it.  Then our execs saw it,
and liked it.  They then mandated that all systems will be monitored by
hobbit.

Here's where the problem starts.  Windows has been generating a lot of
red events.  The execs overreact to red events that are really not
problems.  We've tired to explain that just because something is red,
doesn't mean that a system is down.  The windows admins are tuning it
down as best as they can, but it still happens.

So my thought was to have two hobbit's, one that receives client data
for our engineers to see and work with, and then another that just does
the network tests, and this would be what our execs see.  Both would be
sitting on the same server, running in separate directories, and
separate virtual servers.  What I'm trying to get to is two views, an
executive view, and a technical view.

Has anyone done something like this?  Is there a better way within
hobbit itself?

TIA

Al Jeffcoat

This e-mail message and any attached files are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, use, or distribution of this e-mail message and any attached files is strictly prohibited. This communication may contain material protected by Federal privacy regulations, attorney-client work product, or other privileges. If you have received this confidential communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message and permanently delete the original message.  To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to:  postmaster at orlandoregional.org .  If this e-mail message concerns a contract matter, be advised that no employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Orlando Regional Healthcare by e-mail without express written confirmation by an officer of the corporation. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Orlando Regional Healthcare.