[hobbit] hobbitd status-board not available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jun 22 14:29:44 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:41:44AM +0200, Thomas wrote:
> Now the problem started when I decided to "upgrade" the hobbit BBNET
> only server to also be a BBDISPLAY server. I did this by starting hobbit
> on port 1986 (--listen=172.17.110.20:1986) along with the
> bbdisplay/histry/lard etc processes and then add a third bbdisplay
> server to my bbproxy configuration (--bbdisplay=172.17.110.20:1986).

I haven't quite understood exactly which servers are running BBDISPLAY
and which are proxying and who should talk to who, but I think the
problem might have to do with the port 1986. Several of the tools -
including bbgen (generates the overview webpages) and hobbitsvc.cgi
(generates the detailed status view) talk to hobbitd over the network,
so they may have to be tweaked to communicate with a hobbitd on port
1986.

For troubleshooting, could you try running

   BBPORT=1986; export BBPORT
   bb ip.of.your.bbdisplay hobbitdboard

This should fetch the current status from your server using port 1986.

Now I'll go re-read your mail in greater detail and see if I can figure
out what your setup is :-)