hobbitd status-board not available

Thomas tlp-hobbit at holme-pedersen.dk
Wed Jun 22 09:41:44 CEST 2005

Running Hobbit 4.0.4 on RHEL linux in a kinda special way. I have 2
BBNET servers, one server is also the BBDISPLAY server.

On the BBNET server without display I am running hobbit basicly only
bbnet process. On this host I am also running bbproxy for my production
BBDISPLAY and my test BBDISPLAY (third seperate server).

Now the problem started when I decided to "upgrade" the hobbit BBNET
only server to also be a BBDISPLAY server. I did this by starting hobbit
on port 1986 (--listen=172.17.110.20:1986) along with the
bbdisplay/histry/lard etc processes and then add a third bbdisplay
server to my bbproxy configuration (--bbdisplay=172.17.110.20:1986).

Hobbitd.log and hobbitlaunch.log are fine - no errors - but on my
"primary" BBDISPLAY I now have the above line as status. I tried to add
--debug to the hobbitd and bbdisplay configurations in hobbitlaunch.cfg
but this crashed.

Tried to disable the HEARTBEAT in hobbitlaunch but this did not solve
the problem.

If I stop hobbit the state is written to the tmp/hobbit.chk file and
started again has the saved state.

If this was not enough the "new" BBDISPLAY is making the headlines but
no hosts. :-(

Any help is appresiated.

BR Thomas