[hobbit] Redundant Hobbit Servers

Kelley, Scott Scott.Kelley at disney.com
Tue Jun 21 18:25:09 CEST 2005

We are moving to running all our monitoring services in (VMWare) virtual
machines.  The vm's are backed up each night to a NAS share.

If the physical server dies, no big deal I can just start the vm on
another host connected to the same SAN.
If the SAN dies (unlikely), I can restore the vm from the backup on some
other host.

We also run Sitescope, which alerts us if BigBrother/Hobbit dies (and
vice versa).

--
Scott Kelley, Disney Enterprise IT Platform Services