[hobbit] custom RRD data

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 6 16:23:51 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:49:18PM +0100, Fabio Flores wrote:
> Thanks for the previous reply but I still couldnt get the graph. Here is the
> full picture of what Ive done!
>
> 1) Ive created the script that will collect the information:
[snip]
> 2) After that I`ve inserted the following on my hobbitlauch.cfg:
[snip]
> 3) Then, I added the test "NumProcs" into the LARRDS= on my hobbitserver.cfg
>
> 4) Finally I put this settings on my hobbitgraph.cfg

Looks OK - but: Do you have some extension script running on the client
that sends in a status- or data-message for a "NumProcs" column ? The
extra-scripts are for custom tests you run, so that kind of has to be
setup first.

I'm also wondering if you're actually duplicating some data that is
already there. The default Unix- and Windows BB clients report the
number of processes running on the host - it's already available if
you click on the "trends" column, just look at the graph titled
"Users and Processes".