[hobbit] zoom-in feature for graphs doesn't work for safari browser

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jun 3 16:08:58 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:11:24AM -0400, Michael Dunne wrote:
> On 6/2/05 7:58 AM, "Tom Georgoulias" <tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com> wrote:
>
> > I was told by one of my co-workers that the graph zoom-in feature
> > doesn't work in Apple's safari browser.  I don't have safari so I can
> > verify it, but can anyone else?  If it doesn't work, I guess you can
> > consider this a bug report.
>
> Indeed, it does not work. It does work in Firefox quite nicely though.

I believe Safari and the KDE browser "Konqueror" shares some code, so I
tried it with the one from KDE 3.4, and it is indeed broken.

It seems that the rectangle where the zoom cross-hair is active is
misplaced, so it is far off on the left side of the graph. Marking some
of this rectangle as you normally would works, and it displays a zoomed
graph.

I'm inclined to deem this a browser bug, unless someone can convince me
otherwise :-) It's apparently fixed in the newer Safari version from
Mac OS X 1.04 (Tiger), so my bet still is on a browser JavaScript bug.