[hobbit] hobbit server with BB clients

Allan allan at zandahar.net
Fri Jun 3 01:19:51 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:25:50AM -0400, Wes Neal wrote:
>

>>Can you use a hobbit server, but keep your bb clients?  I am thinking of
>>upgrading my server to hobbit, but if I have to upgrade all my clients as
>>well I probably won't have the time to do it yet.
>>

>A Hobbit server will work just fine with your existing BB clients.
>
>In fact, there isn't really a Hobbit client yet - it's "work in
>progress".
>

>Henrik
>

>To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
>hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This is exactly what we are doing and have been for the last 3 months I
think it is. Our main concern was the history for old reports but all
that stayed in tact so it was a very smooth transition.

Not only that the poor Pentium Pro 200 that handles it all that used to
have a load average of 4.00 all the time running BB server now is lucky
to hit .4 even when you try run lots of reports and refresh the hell out
of the web pages.

We were only using plain old bb server before with no fancy bits so I
suppose that is another reason why hobbit looks so wonderfuly attractive
to us :)

Anyway enough praise of the Hobbit Master Henrik and back to work

Allan