[hobbit] Mrtg with Hobbit

Taylor, Robert Robert.Taylor at HendrickAuto.com
Wed Jun 1 16:32:42 CEST 2005

I am using the even older method of bbmrtg.sh from deadcat.net, although
I modified it a bit to use the routers-2.cgi script for graph generation
as it produces better graphs IMO.

It is also nice because it didn't require that I modify my mrtg cfg
files.  I would be happy to send along the bbmrtg.sh file that I am
using.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Cook [mailto:craig at cookitservices.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:24 AM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Mrtg with Hobbit

I have integrated MRTG using the "old" method.  Well, sort of...

One way of doing this is to use the latest "bb-mrtg.pl" script from
deadcat.  Run this script from your bb-client that runs on your hobbit
server.

You can use this trick for any "bb-server" scripts that you need to
migrate to hobbit (except for LARRD).

The bb-mrtg.pl script has install instructions in it.

I am not sure if the integrated hobbit version will automatically alarm
when thresholds are breached, the bb-mrtg.pl version will.

Craig Cook
--
Systems Monitoring Consulting and Support Services
http://www.cookitservices.com