4.1.1 client hostname

Dirk Kastens Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Jul 26 12:40:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

I just installed the new hobbit client on one of our
linux machines. It didn't send data to the hobbit
server until I changed its hostname to a fully
qualified name. The bb client has the option FQDN
that must be set to "true" if the server needs
a fully qualified name. What about the hobbit
client?
The bb client also supports a file named bbaliasname
where you can define an alias for the client
hostname. Do I now have to edit the runbbclient.sh
file directly and change the MACHINEDOTS variable
if I want to change the hostname?

Dirk