[hobbit] Problems compiling hobbit 4.1.0

Thomas Krieger tom at tom-krieger.de
Mon Jul 25 13:36:59 CEST 2005

Hello Henrik,

Am 25.7.2005 schrieb "(Henrik Stoerner)" <henrik at hswn.dk>:

>On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 09:33:05AM +0000, Thomas Krieger wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm having problems compiling hobbit 4.1.0. It's the same machine I've
>> compiled hobbit 4.0.4 without problems before. I'm using RedHat
>> Enterprise Linux 3.0.
>>
>> Here's the output of the compiler run:
>
>Seems I messed up the compile if the PCRE include's are not in
>a directory that is searched by default.
>
>The quick work-around is to change the top-level Makefile.
>Near the bottom where it says
>  # Add local CFLAGS etc. settings here
>add the line
>  CFLAGS += -I$(PCREINCDIR)

I added this to Makefile.rules. I made a patch for package building
purpose. The patch is attached.

There's another problem building a package as non-root udser. The client
install tries to chown its files but PKGBUILD=1 is set. I wrote a patch
to solve this issue. The patch is attached too.

Using there two patches I can build my hobbit rpm package without errors.

Regards

Thomas