[hobbit] performance issue with multiple pagesets

Olivier Beau olivier at qalpit.com
Wed Jul 20 19:28:44 CEST 2005

Selon Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk>:

> > i'm moved my www directory on another disk, and now most of the iowait is
> on the
> > other disk.  i then moved www in ramdisk, and all the iowait disapeared !
>
> Just checking - the [bbstatus] module in hobbitlaunch.cfg is disabled ?
> It should be, or you *will* have lots of disk I/O.

Yes, bbstatus is disabled,
the i/o is clearly on the www directory; i didn't touch the data directory
during my tests...

> Your system is probably doing a great job of buffering the disk writes,
> but I really can't see what the big problem is.

well, all that i/o load hangs the server for a couple second,
(pretty anoying while doing vi..), and i say a couple of
"Whoops ! bb failed to send message - timeout" during the I/O load

that's why i wondered about disabling the generation of bb.html on some pagesets..

for now i think i'll have to stick in a better raid card (the default raid card
on those server are pretty crummy...)

would it be possible to have those bb*.html page generated dynamicly ?

> What OS are you running ?

i'm running redhat 3.0 on a compaq server with 2 CPU (1,1Ghz)

Regards,

Olivier