[hobbit] Conn Column always red in Hobbit when BB and Hobbit on samemachine

arun.nale at tcs.com arun.nale at tcs.com
Fri Jul 15 05:43:00 CEST 2005

Yes I got it. The permissions on fping were not allowing to execute is as
a user hobbit

arun.nale at tcs.com
07/15/2005 08:42 AM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
[hobbit] Conn Column always red in Hobbit when BB and Hobbit on same
machine

Dear All,

I had installed Big Brother PE 3.1 and Hobbit on the same machine. I am
getting the status (conn column) of all the devices including the BB
server as red when I check the hobbit URL. But it is green in bb URL. Pl.
help. Pl. note that both BB and hobbit services are up and running on this
machine. I understand that it is performing ping check in the background
and then display the status for the conn column. I had stopped the BB
service and checked but the status remains the same. Does it mean Hobbit
is not performing the ping test for the hosts?

Can Hobbit and BB work together on same server for same hosts? One more
thing I observed is that if I stop the BB server, the bbd column of hobit
shows gray, saying that 'Dialup host/service, or test depends on another
failed test'.

Pl. help.

Arun Nale
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or
attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review,
distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this
e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and
any attachments. Thank you

ForwardSourceID:NT00007D22