[hobbit] hobbit-mailack

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jul 12 22:12:45 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:11:05AM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:37:57AM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am loving the hobbit-mailack. It works very well. I just like to
> > request a 'notify' feature to the SYNOPSIS
> >
> > hobbit-mailack --env=FILENAME [--debug]
> >
> > Something like
> >
> > hobbit-mailack --env=FILENAME [--debug] --notify <email at address.one> <email2 at address.one>
> >
> > That way when I delay an alert everyone else who were also getting
> > alerts will have an option to be notified about this action
> >
> > So if I send an email as a reply to an alert
> >
> > 	delay 1h msg I am working on it now
> >
> > All admins/users who were receiving the alert should get an email
> >
> > 	hostname:service has been delayed 1h
> >
> > 	Delayed by: <users info who delayed it>
> > 	Reason: I am working on it now
> >
> > Just my feedback for a future feature :-)
> >

> Still like to see this feature. Lot of times a team member delay a
> service and I/We--the rest of the team members--have no knowledge of it
> until we are told OR check the hobbit web page.

I'll keep it in mind for the planned alert rewrite, but right now I
think your easiest solution is to just change the procmail or whatever
tool you use to invoke hobbit-mailack, and have it generate those mails
instead. Since you suggested sending to a fixed list of recipients,
that shouldn't be too hard.