[hobbit] Status Unavailable - again

Stefan Loos stefan_loos at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:11:46 CEST 2005

Hi Henrik,

we have several own-written scripts (mostly in perl) which monitor oracle
instances, bea weblogic servers. There is one for hardware monitoring - HP
(Intel) and Sun Servers (prtdiag based) and some are just the output of a
http request to the software running on that weblogic servers.
I have just one server for testing, it's a HP DL 360. We are running Redhat
Enterprise Server 3 but I've tried it with a SuSE 9.3 too.

Regards,

Stefan

hobbit at hswn.dk<br>>To: hobbit at hswn.dk<br>>Subject: Re: [hobbit] Status
Unavailable - again<br>>Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:08:59
09:36:42AM +0000, Stefan Loos wrote:<br>> > It would be great if you
can put me in cc. If you want I can try to assist<br>> > you. I'm at a
point where I don't know what to try anymore. I think it<br>> > isn't
easy for Henrik to find this issue - I have no coredumps and nothing<br>>
> in the logfile what could help.<br>><br>>Yes, this is a really
nasty problem. Vernon and I though we had it<br>>nailed down by the end
of last week, but there's more to it than<br>>what we found
then.<br>><br>>What kind of external scripts run on your clients,
apart from the BB<br>>client ? The current suspicion is that this is
triggered by a status<br>>message that is handled badly by Hobbit causing
this lock-up. So I'm<br>>trying to see if there might be something in
common between your setups.<br>><br>>And what kind of system are you
running Hobbit on ? If Linux, which<br>>distribution ? Another suspicion
I have is that this might be a<br>>problem with the implementation of
SysV IPC
unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail