[hobbit] all purple?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 26 23:38:14 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 09:16:16PM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
>
> > This happens if the network tester does not run (or it crashes).
> > Check the /var/log/hobbit/bb-network.log file, and also the
> > hobbitlaunch.log (same directory) for messages like "terminated with
> > signal X".
>
> bb-network.log loops around
> 2005-01-26 18:33:31 select - no active fd's found, but pending is 2

That's the first time I've ever seen this error-message trigger.
NetBSD must be doing something slightly different from the other
unix'es I've tried.

Is this on the machine you gave me access to ? I'd like to run the
bbtest-net tool with debugging output turned on to see what happens.
If it is some other system, then the command to use is (assuming
you're logged in as the hobbit user):

server/bin/bbcmd --env=server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg \
   bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse --debug