[hobbit] vmstat graphing with CPU io wait

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at nandomedia.com
Tue Jan 25 15:39:03 CET 2005

Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> rhel3 => {  cpu_r    => 0,
>         cpu_b    => 1,
>         mem_swpd => 2,
>         mem_free => 3,
>         mem_buff => 4,
>         mem_cach => 5,
>         mem_si   => 6,
>         mem_so   => 7,
>         dsk_bi   => 8,
>         dsk_bo   => 9,
>         cpu_int  => 10,
>         cpu_csw  => 11,
>         cpu_usr  => 12,
>         cpu_sys  => 13,
>         cpu_wait => 14,
>         cpu_idl  => 15,
>
> I might try adding this to hobbitd/larrd/do_vmstat.c and see if I can
> make it work.

I was able to get this to work w/o much hassle at all--modifying
hobbitd/larrd/do_vmstat.c to include the rhel3 array and lib/misc.c,
lib/misc.h to define rhel3 as an os type did the trick.  Then I created
a vmstat graph config (vmstat_rhel3) in hobbitgraph.cfg that uses all 4
cpu status parameters and referenced that in bb-hosts for my rhel3
systems.  Like I said in my last message, the vmstat bottom feeders on
the clients have to be configured to set the BBOSTYPE to rhel3 when
sending the data to the hobbit server for this to take effect, so this
is more of a positive test result than a general purpose solution.  I
guess the point of this email is that it works just like I wanted it
too.  Getting it more generalized is my next step.

TOm