[hobbit] hosts still disappear

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 19 07:58:58 CET 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:17:51PM -0800, Bruce Lysik wrote:

> Well, I spoke too soon about hosts disappearing.  I'm still seeing the same
> problem.  Is there anything I can do to help in debugging this?

This is with the beta-5 version PLUS the patch I posted yesterday ?

First, check if the hobbit daemon is still responding at all. You
can see if the ~server/tmp/hobbitd.chk file is being updated - it
should refresh every 10 minutes. You can also try this: If

 ~/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdlog some,server,name.conn"

responds with a status log, then it is responding. If not, proceed:

Next, I want to figure out what the hobbitd proces is doing. You'll
need the gdb (GNU debugger) for that. Login as the hobbit user, Find
the process ID of hobbitd - it's recorded in
/var/log/hobbit/hobbitd.pid, or use "ps" -  then:

  gdb ~/server/bin/hobbitd
  [gdb messages]
  gdb> attach <hobbitd-processid>
  gdb> bt