[hobbit] bb-larrdcolumn and NetBSD

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 17 17:50:44 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 01:49:20PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to debug what goes wrong with bb-larrdcolumn on NetBSD:
> # ./bb-larrdcolumn
> Memory fault (core dumped)
>
> Is there a particular command line usage to get closer to how it is
> executed during normal operation?

Look at the setup for this command in hobbitlaunch.cfg, the section
marked [larrdcolumn].

Essentially, you should never run ANY of the Hobbit tools without
setting up the environment variables defined in hobbitserver.cfg;
hobbitlaunch does that for you, or you can run COMMAND as

  bbcmd --env=/usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg COMMAND

(you may provide options for COMMAND) to do this from a commandline.

The command line options normally have default values so you can run
the tools without any of them, but the environment does not.