[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0 RC4 available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Feb 27 22:39:12 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 03:06:40PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 06:03:24PM, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > [...]
> > * A new tool - hobbit-mailack - was added. If setup to run from
> >   e.g. the Hobbit users' .procmailrc file, you can acknowledge
> >   alerts by responding to an alert email.
> > [...]
>
> First of all thanks for creating a new tool for mailack. Now I noticed
> in the hobbit-mailack.c file that it won't work without a valid Subject
> line. Well when there is a mailack sent from skytel pager--which is what
> we use--there is no valid subject comes with it and I attached two
> sample emails, ack-email-from-skytel*, and I also attahced the
> bb-pagerack.sh that I use if the email comes from skytel pager. Hobbit
> checks the email in procmailrc and then redirect it to bb-emailack.sh
> or bb-pagerack.sh based on the sender. Also I have two ACL files--one
> for pager addresses and one for coporate email addresses--to
> check if the sender is allowed to send an 'ACK'. I wonder if these
> fetaures can be added in a future release.

This seems pretty specific to your setup, so my initial response would
be that this is the kind of customisation that you should do on your
own.

Your current script for processing the ack-mails should still work,
and Hobbit does handle the "ack ack_event" command that the script
uses to send in the acknowledge. So unless you can convince me to
change my mind, I'll leave this out of Hobbit.