purple page grouping & alert acknowledgment

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at nandomedia.com
Fri Feb 25 19:13:50 CET 2005

Couple of things:

1.  This may be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.  Should I
expect to be able to take the ACK code in purple pages and use it with
the acknowledge alert feature?  I've been experiementing with turning
off big brother on a client and causing purple pages, but using the ACK
code in the emails does not prevent purple pages from continuing, nor
does my explanation get recorded into the acklog.  ACK works for red &
yellow, though.

2.  I could've sworn that I had read about the ability to merge all the
purple alerts into a single email or behavior that did that
automatically, but I can't seem to find it in the docs.  Is that
possible?  Where can I read up on how to use it?  I'd love to get a
single alert if a client goes purple  that can use a single ACK code to
disable pages.

Tom