[hobbit] Multiple host entries

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 24 23:05:49 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 04:58:44PM -0500, Kevin.Hanrahan at novainfo.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>  I have entered the same host in bb-hosts several times to build different
> views and I am getting these error messages now in bbtest:
>
> Error output:
> Host server1 appears twice in bb-hosts! This may cause strange results

> 1) is this a big problem?

It might be - if you have different network test definitions for each
"server1" entry you will get some very weird results.

> 2) If it is not a problem, can I shut this error off?

Make sure only one definition per hostname lists network tests. All
others for the same hostname should have the keyword "noconn" only.

> 3) Am I taking the wrong approach to build different views by putting same
> host in bb-hosts several times?

You could use "pagesets" (see the bbgen man-page), but it is OK to
have duplicates in bb-hosts as long as you do it the right way.