Preliminary patch for RC3 brokenness

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 24 00:19:09 CET 2005

is available at http://www.hswn.dk/beta/post-RC3.patch

It's been running for an hour now without problems, so I think I've
got the embarassing bugs fixed:

* hobbitd_larrd should not crash anymore
* the alert-configuration should load correctly
* runtime-libraries should hopefully be found correctly on Linux and *BSD
* maint.pl should no longer complain about un-initialised variables

In addition, you get:
* A new hobbit-mailack tool was added, so you can acknowledge
  alerts via e-mail without having to use BB's bb-mailack.sh
  (see the hobbit-mailack man-page for instructions on setting it up)
* Support for OpenBSD was added

To install the patch, do:

   cd hobbit-4.0-RC3
   patch -p0 </tmp/post-RC3.patch
   rm Makefile
   ./configure
   make
   su -c "make install"

Note that you MUST delete the old Makefile, and re-run the configure
script.