[hobbit] change default port number

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 17 23:03:45 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:55:54PM +0100, Marco Avvisano wrote:
> I have tried to change the default port number,
> changing the BBPORT in hobbitserver.cfg, but the daemon
> always started on port 1984.
> So i have added,  in hobbitlaunch.cfg, the hobbitd option --listen,
> and the daemon start on another port.

OK, fixed in hobbitd so it looks up the BBPORT setting instead of
defaulting to 1984.

> One question
> If i use the general option, BBDISPLAYS, in hobbitserver.cfg, i can have
> more bbdisplay?

If you set BBDISPLAYS, then the tools that generate status-messages -
i.e. bbtest-net, bbcombotest, bb-infocolumn, bb-larrdcolumn - will
send those messages to all of the BB- or Hobbit-servers running on
those adresses you put in BBDISPLAYS.

If you do use it, then you must also set BBDISP to "0.0.0.0"

That is the way BB behaves, and Hobbit follows that.