[hobbit] Problems with custom RRD graphs

Andy France Andy at zespri.com
Thu Feb 17 21:26:31 CET 2005

Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote on 18/02/2005 00:30:45:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:11:11PM +1300, Andy France wrote:

> [success story]

> Congrats - it's nice to know this mechanism works. Doing it in my "lab
> setup" is often very different than what goes on in real life.

> > My remaining problem is that after colecting a few data points, I still
> > have no graphs on the test pages or the trends page.  I'm off to bed
now
> > and will re-check tomorrow morning.  But if you know of anything else I
may
> > have missed please let me know!  Should bb-hostsvc.sh pick it up
> > automagically?

> No, there are a couple of tweaks you must do for that to happen.

> The LARRDS and GRAPHS settings in etc/hobbitserver.cfg must be told
> about this new graph.

> If the column-name for your custom test is "xyz", then you just add
> "xyz" to the LARRDS setting - when bb-hostsvc.cgi then builds the
> status display, it will know to include the graph on the webpage.

> If you want the graph also to appear on the "trends" page with all the
> other graphs, you must also add it to the GRAPHS setting.

> In either case, you of course have to setup hobbitgraph.cfg with the
> RRDtool definitions for this new graph, so it knows how to generate
> the graph from your data.

Awesome!

I've updated etc/hobbitserver.cfg for my new columns, tweaked my entries in
etc/hobbitgraph.cfg, and now have a funky graph that shows a 10 volt
variance on my UPS input over the last 10 hours!

Thanks again,
Andy.

This email is intended for the person to whom it is addressed
only. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy
or use the contents in any way. The opinions expressed may not
necessarily reflect those of ZESPRI Group of Companies ('ZESPRI').

While every effort has been made to verify the information
contained herein, ZESPRI does not make any representations
as to the accuracy of the information or to the performance
of any data, information or the products mentioned herein.
ZESPRI will not accept liability for any losses, damage or
consequence, however, resulting directly or indirectly from
the use of this e-mail/attachments.