[hobbit] possible alerting bug in RC2?

Bruce Lysik blysik at shutterfly.com
Wed Feb 16 19:01:40 CET 2005

> > And here's the alert I just received:
> >
> > im68:cpu yellow [-1]
> > yellow Mon Feb 14 13:13:56 PST 2005 up: 208 day(s), 1
> users, 115 procs, load=529
>
> The alert you show here looks like a recovery-notice (the "-1" I
> assume is the acknowledgment cookie, and this value indicates that
> there is no active alert).

Argh. That's bitten me before.  I have to figure out how to get the actual word 'recovered' in there to make it easier to understand at 4am.

> Could you check the following in hobbitlaunch.cfg:
>
> * The "hobbitd" command has "--alertcolors=red,purple
> --okcolors=green"
> * The "hobbitd_alert" command has "--alertcolors=red,purple"
>
> This setup should give you alerts when a status is red (or purple),
> and recovery notices only when they go green (after being red or
> purple).

Hmm.  I didn't have --okcolors=green, so I added that to the hobbitd command.

Just to clarify about the hobbitd_alert command, that's in the bbpage module, correct?  I didn't have --alertcolors there, but I've just added it:

[bbpage]
        ENVFILE /opt/bb/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=page   --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/page.log hobbitd_alert --alertcolors=red,purple

Thanks for your assistance.

--
Bruce Z. Lysik  <blysik at shutterfly.com>
Operations Engineer