[hobbit] Problem with .sh files

Lowery, Michael mlowery at alliedtechgroup.com
Mon Feb 14 23:37:04 CET 2005

Of course that worked!  Thank you!

Michael Lowery

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 3:35 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Problem with .sh files

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 01:12:11PM -0600, Lowery, Michael wrote:
> Moving from BB to Hobbit.
>
> The problem I'm having is everytime I click on an icon that references
> one of the .sh files, it tries to download it.

Sounds like a problem with your webserver setup. Make sure you have
setup the "ScriptAlias" settings for the Hobbit cgi-bin and cgi-secure
directories. See how to do it in ~/server/etc/hobbit-apache.conf

> When trying to run bb-hostsvc.sh manually, I get:
>
> [root at host cgi-bin]# ./bb-hostsvc.sh
> 2005-02-14 13:11:09 xgetenv: Cannot find value for variable
> QUERY_STRING

CGI script really are meant to be run by the webserver, which provides
a bunch of standard environment variables.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk