[hobbit] Status not available message at /hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOSTSVC=...

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Feb 12 08:56:23 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:10:12PM -0800, Anonymous wrote:
> Hey guys, please forgive the newbie...
>
>    Installed hobbit yesterday, and very happy...  been fighting with big
> brother issues for too long :)
>
>    I keep ending up getting 'Status not available' messages when I click
> on any of the icons to view the current state of a service...

This indicates that either you're asking for a status that does not
exist, or the Hobbit daemon (hobbitd) is not running.

> 2005-02-11 14:02:19 Setting up network listener on 10.2.0.9:1984
> 2005-02-11 14:02:19 Cannot bind to listen socket (Address already in
> use)

Sounds like something else (Big Brother ?) is now running and has
taken over port 1984.

>    I also notice that hobbitd and it's accosiated services have stopped.
>
> Any known issues?

This sounds mostly like a local setup problem, with Hobbit and Big
Brother struggling over the same ressources. If hobbitd cannot start,
then all of the other Hobbit tasks will not run either.