[hobbit] COLOR keyword in alerts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 7 21:47:11 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:04:15AM -0800, Bruce Lysik wrote:

> Question: If I have COLOR=red,purple and RECOVERED, will I get
>  recovery alerts for machines which go into 'yellow'?  Obviously this
>  isn't desired behavior.

This was raised a while ago, and ended up with two options for
hobbitd: The --alertcolors option defines which colors are critical
and may result in an alert, and the --okcolors option that defines
which colors may result in a recovery message.

By default, red yellow and purple are considered critical, and
green blue and clear are OK. So with the scenario you describe, you
will NOT get a recovery message when the status goes yellow - only
when it goes green. However, no alerts will be sent while the status
is yellow.